We are a registered charity, number 1105369. Click here for full details on UK Governments Charity Commission website.
The charity was founded in 2000; it has been working with victims of sexual crime since 2000, delivering specialist support. Crisis Point became a registered charity and company in 2004.
Crisis Point is based in Walsall with outreach services across the region.
In 2003, Crisis Point pioneered the fast track STI screening system that now sits as best practice and guidance for developing new, and existing SARCs.
In 2004, Crisis Point founded the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) in Walsall, developed a tri-partite with West Midlands Police and NHS/PCT Walsall to provide SARC services. Crisis Point was the managing agency until March 2006, delivering on call and on site crisis workers, ISVA support, and therapeutic counselling.
In 2005, a clinical counselling centre was founded in Walsall by Crisis Point to provide bespoke psychotherapeutic counselling for victims of sexual crime. Additionally, the clinical counselling centre provided a real solution to transference suffered by SARC clients when returning for therapy following the support to court procedure and outcome.
The services and premises continue to be available to all across the West Midlands.
As a specialist counselling and support agency
“…We believe in the individual, recognising that the unique qualities and experiences of individual victims & survivors, demand an equally unique and individual response in specialised care provided by specialist trained workers in the field of sexual crime…”
Crisis Point is committed to delivering best practice for victims of sexual crime and the trauma that occurs from rape or sexual abuse.Charitable Objects
The two main objects in the charity’s Articles and Memorandum of Association are:
a) To relieve the sickness and distress of victims of sexual assault and their families, in particular through the provision of counselling, advice and support; and
b) To advance the education of the public in sexual assault and in the effects on the victim and their families.
Service Provision Summary
Crisis Point identifies and provides effective specialist interventions for all victims and survivors of sexual crimes (& families or supporters), suffering the trauma of sexual violence and abuse. Providing short and long term therapeutic counselling, practical help and support aiming to:
- To reduce the psychological damage, self harm and suicide associated with victimisation;
- To improve the physical, psychological, emotional health and quality of life of victims and their families;
- To minimise re-victimisation and;
- To help prevent continued and new offending.
- To keep the victim engaged within the criminal justice system wherever possible.
Crisis Point’s specialist service provision and delivery entail seven main service areas
- 1:1 Counselling
- Group Counselling
- 1:1 Support/Chaperone
- ISVA Intervention
In delivering the ISVA intervention, psychotherapy, counselling, support work and advocacy for victims of sexual crimes, our client categories include:
- Adult victims and survivors of rape, sexual assault/abuse;
- Adult survivors of intra and extra-familial child sexual abuse;
- Child and adolescent victims of child sexual abuse;
- Child and adolescent victims of rape
A “Cradle to Grave” approach to care and support of client base – from initial contact & assessment to case file closure is used. Services range from:
- 1:1 psychotherapy/counselling women only-Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays & Fridays
- 1:1 psychotherapy/counselling Men only-Tuesdays
- Group counselling, women only-one day a week
- Child therapy is not restricted to any single day
- Rape Awareness training for police/social services/external agencies
- Sexual abuse awareness training for schools/colleges.
- Training to Health and Social Service on referrals and asking the question
The charity also offers counselling and psychotherapy to people who have other issues, that may or may not be linked to the trauma of being a victim of sexual crime.
The Services list page details the services offered by Crisis Point.
Crisis Point is committed to delivering best practice for victims of sexual crime and the trauma that occurs from rape or sexual abuse.
The charity actively promotes the involvement of volunteers & ex-service users in delivering its service to all.