- Do you have skills or experience that could help others?
- Can you spare some time?
- Would you like to be a member of the management committee of our charity?
Volunteers are an important and valued part of Crisis Point.
Volunteering can be described as working on behalf of others (or for a particular cause) without concern for financial reward.
- help you gain skills and experience that can enhance your CV
- boost your confidence
- provide opportunities to meet new people
- help you learn more about your local community
Positions to volunteer:
Crisis Point are currently looking to fill a placement counsellor position. Please contact us for more information.
- Qualified Counsellor/Psychotherapist/s
- Placement Counsellors*
- Support Worker
- Social Worker placements*
- Bi-lingual Support Workers **
- Admin Asssistant
- Fundraising Assistant.
What kind of help is needed at Crisis Point?
- Help with answering calls from survivors and their supporters
- Supporting the ISVA Service
- Helping to build awareness on sexual violence
- Assisting in fundraising and helping with social or corporate events
- Becoming a trainer of new volunteers
- Become a member of the management committee
What qualities are we looking for in a volunteer?
- Female over 18 years of age
- Can maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Good listener
- Understanding and empathic
- Has some comprehension of the issues of sexual violence
- Responsible, reliable, professional, dependable
- Non-discriminatory attitude
- Follow Crisis Point’s professional, ethical and professional boundaries and policies
What can you expect from Crisis Point?
- Professional Liability Insurance and out of pocket expenses re-imbursed
- Individual line management and in-house clinical supervision by qualified psychotherapists
- Quality training
- Additional external training opportunities
- Team environment
- Opportunity to develop skills and experience
Please speak to a member of Crisis Point staff for more information, ring us on 01922 722777 option 2 or contact us
to discuss and arrange an informal visit to our clinical practice. Please note, DBS disclosure checks are expected for all volunteers.
* Placement counsellors and placement social workers will fund their own DBS disclosure check and seek external clinical counselling supervision where appropriate.
** Bi-lingual Support Workers that have an additional language to English are welcome